ABOUT THE TEACHER
Hi! My name is Christa Horton!! I am the music teacher at Lake Cormorant Elementary! I look forward to a wonderful year with your child!! Music is a lot of fun and a great way for students to express themselves!
Education: I graduated from Mississippi College with a Music Education Degree. I later received my masters in Secondary Education from Belhaven University.
Experience: This is my 17th year of teaching music!!!!
This is a great resource that integrates music into curriculum to help reinforce concepts.
Here is a great resource that has free access at this time.
Username: snow Password: 2020
Epic has great music books available! I have loaded some great music books you can enjoy! Click on students and use our class code: meq0417
MUSIC TO ENJOY
- Create a dance to a favorite song or recorded music
- Clap, pat or tap a stead beat to a song
- Sing a song you learned in music class to a friend or family member
- Listen to your favorite song. Describe what you hear using music words such as loud/quiet, high sounds/low sounds. Older students can use terms like forte/pianissimo
- LIsten to a piece of music. Draw what you hear.
- Learn and sing a new song from a movie, TV show or video game.
- March, hop, skip or jump keeping a steady beat to a song.